Name: Lisa M. Perez
Accepting Mentees: Yes
LinkedIn: Lisa Perez
When did you start with DotCom Therapy?
What do you love about working for DotCom Therapy?
The flexibility and the wonderful support from everyone are probably my favorite things about working for DCT. I love that it feels like just like a family!
Where are you from?
Combine, TX (teeny, tiny town about 25 miles southeast of Dallas. Population: 2,000-ish)
Where are you licensed?
TX, IL, ME
What are your special interests or areas of expertise?
Bilingual phenomena, culturally diverse populations, second language acquisition, language/articulation disorders and pragmatic language
1. I graduated from Texas A&M University (whoop!) and love all things AGGIE! I have 3 sisters and all 4 of us graduated from A&M (and so did all the husbands, except for one!) We live for (college) football season.
2. I love to travel, do crafty things, work out, read, and hang out with my family and neighbors.
3. I LOVE Mexican food (seriously, if you haven't eaten Mexican food in Texas, you're not living your best life.)
4. My ultimate dream is to one day be a professional speech therapy mission trip-taker (although I just need to find someone who will pay me to do that. Anyone?)
5. I speak fluent Spanish and am currently working on Italian.
6. My house flooded in August 2017 thanks to Hurricane Harvey. We had 37 inches of water in our home and were evacuated by boat. Once we were able to get back in, we found a three foot alligator (and tons and tons of fish) living in our pool. We named him Harvey, of course. ;) He stayed with us for about two weeks before deciding he was bored with us.
7. My family and I (and two others) were featured in a New York Times documentary about the flood.